Heads On are seeking a Project lead for a co-produced exploration of ethnic minority involvement within commissioning, design, delivery and improvement of mental healthcare in Sussex. This is a 6 month project, with an immediate start.
The aim of the project is to co-produce, with ethnic minority grassroots organisations, a strategy to build both the voice and power of ethnic minority communities within the commissioning and delivery of mental health services. This work will purposefully tackle inequalities: reaching communities that NHS traditionally struggles to engage with; building a rich local picture of mental health experience; contributing towards more culturally appropriate and accessible services; breaking down mental health stigma and building reciprocal, lasting relationships between grassroots communities and SPFT.
We are seeking a Project Lead, with lived experience, whose role will include:
- Setting up the Co-production project group, including recruitment of 8 ethnic minority grassroots community groups from areas of deprivation across Sussex. The project lead will engage grassroots community groups in Hastings, Crawley, parts of Brighton & Hove, Littlehampton, and Bognor which have the most diverse populations and highest inequalities.
- Setting up and delivering a series of co-produced workshops over a 6 month period with the co-production project group.
- Delivering a ‘development day’ with all participants to explain the scope of the project, and explore the role of the SHCP for participants who will not have previous knowledge of this structure.
- Undertaking partnership working with SPFT and SHCP and co-ordinating the project oversight board; ensuring the project is embedded within NHS structures from the outset.
- Developing a co-produced strategy for future partnership working between NHS mental healthcare and ethnic minority communities in Sussex, with clear recommendations on how to ensure ethnic minority voices are heard in the commissioning and delivery of culturally appropriate and accessible healthcare in Sussex.
The Project Lead will have demonstrated competence in having undertaken similar work before, including experience of working with marginalised groups and leading workshops.
Due to the nature of this assignment, we are also seeking a project lead with relevant lived experience.
How to apply
For any questions about the project or the tender opportunity, please email Jennie.Bell@spft.nhs.uk.