Heads On Paint It Purple on World Mental Health Day 2018
So many people helped Heads On to 'Paint it Purple' on World Mental Health Day on 10th October 2018! Not only did we raise over £2,000, it was a great chance to raise awareness of taking care of our own mental health, supporting others and to let people know where to find help.
Some fantastic events went on - here's just a few:
- Mill View Hospital in Hove gave all their staff and servcie users a purple present and offered purple smoothies
- Playden Primary School in East Sussex created a beautiful 'Wellbeing Wall', pupils dressed in purple and they started the day with a whole school mindfulness session
- Asda Ferring invited Heads On into the store to fundraise and their staff wore Heads On T-shirts for the day
- Meadowfield Hospital in Worthing held a purple picnic, purple pampering session and decked out the reception area in purple
- Staff based at the Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital held a cake sale and ran an information stall
- The entry sign at thr Trust's Swandean site in Worthing was 'yarn bombed' by Storm Ministries
'We are so delighted that so many people and organisations got involved and used the idea of 'Paint It Purple' in so many ways!' said Felicity Louden, Head of Charity. 'It's been brilliant opportunity to fundraise and to talk about mental health'.